UK Dissertation Forum Forums Dissertation Writing a Scientific Research Paper

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      LukeOrr

I just want to know that what all is needed to write a scientific research paper. Till date, I have developed two review papers and that was a struggle too. But now I have no idea how to go about it, from where to start and contribute in the bundle of existing research papers. I am in the first year of my masters. So my question is how do you go about writing a scientific research paper?

Austin Buzacott
      Participant

You need to conduct a thorough research for writing a scientific research paper as rejection in this area is quite common. You need to have a clear idea and structure of the research, which can be presented in a paper. As I understand that, you don’t have an idea of what to write about. So I do not think you can write a paper as of now. You first need to develop a research idea and conduct a full-fledged research on it. Then you need to develop something of your known, which will be your contribution to the other studies. A scientific research paper presents your findings, which are fresh and new, unlike a review paper. So, I guess you need to work on that.

AustinWere04
      Participant

Hey, I can help you with the format of a scientific paper. That might help you in understanding how to go about it. The main purpose of a scientific research paper is to communicate your findings with the other researchers, which is done in a logical and standardised manner. It goes like:

1. Abstract
      2. Introduction
      3. Materials and methods
      4. Results
      5. Tables and graphs
      6. Discussion
      7. Conclusion

This is the standard format that must be followed. To understand what content must be provided within these headings, you can refer to other scientific research papers published in your area.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by AustinWere04.
      Mitchell Atherton
      Participant

I am not sure whether you are looking for this or not, but have a look:
      http://www.thesisclinic.co.uk/blog/converting-a-vague-scientific-idea-into-a-viable-research-paper/

LukeOrr

I do have an idea of the research work, I just don’t know how to go about it, you know, how to present it.

Jade Fisher
      Participant

Writing is presenting and communication is the key to well presentation. Go ahead on the link below to understand how you can write a scientific paper while communicating in a better way.

http://www.dissertationindia.net/blog/the-significance-of-clear-communication-in-scientific-papers

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.